If you are on regular medication and require a prescription, you can request your medication in the following ways:-
- Online via Patient Access (see on-line services).
- Post – you will need to supply a stamped addressed envelope. Please write clearly your name/Address/preferred pharmacy for collection and the items you require; a contact number is also useful. Our post box can be found at the entrance opposite the pharmacy, if you wish to deliver your request by hand.
We do not take prescription requests over the telephone or by email.
Please allow 72 hours, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays for your request to be processed.
As a practice we are moving towards electronic prescribing, we will therefore ask you to nominate a preferred pharmacy that you wish to collect your prescription(s) from. This means once you have made your request with the practice you can go to the pharmacy to collect your medication(s) without visiting the practice first. The 72 hour processing still applies.
TROUBLE FREE COLLECTION OF YOUR PRESCRIPTION.
Many community pharmacies are offering a new text system to notify patients that their prescriptions are ready to collect. You will need to provide the pharmacy with your mobile number to enable this service.
This service can help with:-
- Reducing multiple visits to the pharmacy
- Reduce the need for patients to call the pharmacy to check if their medication is ready
- Free up their phone lines so patients and customer can reach us easily for other health related matters
Ask at the pharmacy you regularly use if they offer this service and sign up now if you are able!