Patient's guide to attending our Flu Clinic's
We will be running our flu clinics differently this year to ensure that they comply with current Covid guidelines. Please read the guidance below to help us run the clinic as smoothly as possible
PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL BE A FAST TRACK CLINIC HELD IN OUR MAIN WAITING ROOM.
- All patients will be given an appointment time. Please arrive at your given appointment time and not early. Please do not bring extra people with you unless they are a carer.
- There will be a one way system in place with patients entering by one door and exiting through another.
- Please be prepared to wait outside and bring a coat or umbrella depending on the weather.
- The car park will be very busy so if possible please walk or use public transport if you can.
- Please wear a face covering. A member of staff will meet you at the entrance where they will take your temperature and ask you to use the hand sanitizer. There will be members of staff to show you where to wait, direct you to the next available member of our clinical team and then show you where to exit the building.
- Once you have entered the building we advise you to remove your coat and any additional outer garments so that your arm is available for vaccination. It would be very helpful if you could wear a short sleeved top under your coat.
- If you are able to stand for your vaccination it would be very helpful but a chair will be available if needed.
We will be contacting patients via text/mail inviting those in the 'At Risk' groups once we have the clinics in place.
Please note that, if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at-risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.